Wednesday, January 13, 2010

What's in season?

Keeping with the last point of my Six Point Plan, I've been looking for a guide to the produce that's in season. The top hit in Google was About.com (sorry About.com, you have too many ads and not enough content), so I skipped down to the next one, a site called Fruits & Veggies More Matters that has a list of foods broken out by season. Somehow the Sponsors link caught my eye, and it turns out that this is an informational site set up by farming industry.

Halfway down the second page of hits, I found a link to Good.Is which has an infographic that has the information I'm looking for. I was astonished that in my search on Google that the US Department of Agriculture wasn't at the top of the list. After putting the USDA Web Site into the query (a neat trick that everyone should know), I did come up with a Pamphlet on how to buy vegatables, and a very interesting web site by the USDA Agricultural Marketing Service. I'm going to have to explore that site more.

No comments:

Post a Comment